3 Months & Completely Devastated!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I know I know...once again it's been too long before an update. Sorry! Since my last post, our Emma has turned three months old!! I can't believe she is three months old already. It seems like just yesterday I was packing my hospital bag completely oblivious to how our lives were going to change. I am actually on a short business trip as I write this entry and it was the first time that I have used my little suitcase since being in the hospital. I got incredibly sentimental when I pulled out my suitcase for the first time and saw the pink ribbon that I tied on the top to make sure I knew it was mine in the hospital. Even though it wasn't that long ago, it truly brought back so many memories of how Emma entered our lives and despite the pain during recovery, I wouldn't have changed any of it for the world.

As I sit here in my hotel room, I can't help but think about my little Tiny. Tonight is both Wes and my first night away from her as she is spending the night with her Mimi (because I am on travel and since Wes works in DC he can't easily drop her off or pick her up from daycare). Although we have NO DOUBT that she is being well taken care of with her Mimi (I mean look how good I turned out haha), I can't help but wonder if she is fussing, or if she went to bed okay, or how she is eating, or how long she is going to sleep tonight, or if her nose is still runny, or if she is wondering where Mommy and Daddy are and why we aren't there to kiss her goodnight. I miss her so much that I can barely type without breaking down into tears. It is truly amazing how, overnight, your entire life changes and how someone else now owns your whole heart. I can't thank God enough for the gift that he has given Wes and I and I can't wait to run home and pick her up tomorrow because I honestly feel like a piece of me is missing.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs