My Why to Becoming a Beachbody Coach! (From Wes!)

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My Why to Becoming a Beachbody Coach! (Hint, it will have a running theme from Laura's!)

What is Beachbody Coaching?  Is it a Pyramid Scheme? Is it some ridiculous sales pitch to get people in hopes to make a few bucks? Is it some fad that will pass in the coming months? As Laura and I have come to find out, it truly is none of these things. All the people we have encountered when we decided to start this journey all had remarkable stories and reason's for joining as a Beachbody coach. And as Laura pointed out, not one of them was financial (which can be a nice side bonus if you are DEDICATED to making it happen.)

Everyone we came across had very personal "why's" and when Laura first brought this opportunity to my attention I was skeptical of the coaching aspect.  However, the more and more I started watching these folks videos and reading their posts about their passions and wants, I started to realize that they all have some very common wants and desires that I have. 

My why started out with the desire for accountability in my workouts and a more healthy eating routine. I am a runner, but I never was truly pushing myself. I always said, "we need to eat more healthy!" Which we would for a week or two then it would tail off. So I saw this is a good opportunity to hold myself more accountable.  How was I going to help or motivate someone to eat well and exercise, if I wasn't really doing it myself?? So, Laura and I did a lot of research, and talked and we ultimately decided to join. And we admit, somewhat still skeptical.

As the next week or so went buy and the more and more video's I watched, everyone always stressed to find your "why" for wanting to coach, which I thought I had.  But as I slowly started to realize that my original "why" was only the surface of my real "why."

I am a federal contractor by day, so the nature of my business is fluid and always changing.  However, over the last five years, I have been blessed with being on a long term contract and have not had to worry about job security.  However, over the past 3 or 4 months, I was in job limbo. I was told by my current contract that I could only stay onboard until the end of July (it dragged to the end of August in the end). So, I began looking at the current openings my company had. I started looking in Mid-March....by the end of July, after sending out over 200 resumes, I didn't get one call back or have one interview lined up. I was told that if July 31st came and I had no job lined up, I would be let go. We had just bought a new house (which we love!), I have two kids to help support, and my wife just had finished cancer treatment. I was trying to hide my stress and fear from the kids and Laura, because God knows we have had enough of that over the last few months. I wanted to be the "strong" one that kept things moving along and didn't want to add to the day to day stress on Laura or the kids. I started to think about what the most important thing to me was, and obviously the first thing that jumped out at me was my family. I had spent so much time over the last 4-5 months worrying over losing my job, I forgot to step back and realize, my family is more important that any corporate job. I wanted to be the Dad who dropped his kids off at the bus stop and was there to see them when they were dropped off in the afternoon. I wanted to be the Dad that was able to be at all the practices, recitals, soccer games, gymnastic practices....I didn't want to miss a second of any of it. Like Laura said, with my job being Federal Contracting I was afraid I was going to wake up one day and realize, I spent the last 10-12 years commuting 4.5 + hours a day to and from work and I got home too late to see Jack pitch in a game or I got home to late to watch Emma score her first goal.

My FAMILY is my why. I still want to be held accountable for my workouts, but the big reason I am so excited about this opportunity is because it could give me the chance to LIVE A LIFE OF DESIGN, own my own time, at all hours, not just between the hours of 7:00pm - 6:00am (giving me a whooping 45 minutes with the kids in the evenings.) To be able to help Emma and Jack establish healthy eating habits, by showing them Mommy and Daddy are doing it too. I want to be there to be the loudest most obnoxious parent cheering when Emma scores a goal or Jack strikes out the side (of course when they are pre-teen and teens, I will need to tone that down a bit or they will disown me for embarrassing them!) With the understanding that I am going to need to WORK to accomplish that, that's ok, because its something that I feel strongly about.

So if this sounds familiar to you, and you are interested in joining our team, or even if you are just looking to start writing a new story for you or your family, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We would love to have you join us in our journey.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs