Weekly Update - 18 Weeks!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Well here we are once again at Baby O's weekly Birthday! Today she turns into a Sweet Potato haha! Wes is very excited and thinks it's because she knows how much her daddy loves potatoes in general haha. So far I have been feeling pretty good this week. I started class again this week so last night was a long night but I am sure I will get back into the swing of things. I haven't been able to feel the baby move much lately which is kind of a bummer, but maybe tonight after dinner she will get the wiggles again. I have definitely grown in "the bump" department haha, and Wes and I have started taking belly pics, so now we just need to find our camera cord so we can download them!

Although it is not definite that Baby O is a girl, I couldn't resist any longer and had to break down and make my first baby purchase. I think waiting 18 weeks was long enough!! So I bought a few cute outfits that are supposed to arrive this week! YEAH! I also ordered a little paint sample called "Silver Sage" to see what we think about that for the nursery. Hopefully we will be able to start decorating soon!

How Is Baby Growing?

Head to rump, she is about 5 1/2 inches long and according to http://www.babycenter.com/ she should weigh almost 7 ounces. Although that's what the ultrasound technician told us she weighs last week, so we are right on track! She is busy flexing her arms and legs — movements that I should start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin, and her ears are now in their final position (shew!), although they're still standing out from her head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. Since we *think* we are having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs