16 Weeks! Four Months! (Yesterday)

Thursday, October 7, 2010


Well! Baby #2 just hit the 16 Weeks mark which makes us 4 months pregnant as of yesterday!! I know I have been once again failing miserably with updating the blog, but stay tuned for a big post on why...and what I have been struggling with lately. But first....Baby #2 news!!

I had my regular doctor's appointment earlier this week and so far Baby #2 is looking great! The heartbeat checked out A-Okay once again and the doctor estimated it to be in the 160s. The Doppler that he uses for the quick heartbeat checks every 4 weeks doesn't provide a number, but he hears those little heartbeats all day long so I am assuming he knows his beats. :)

Our first trimester screening went well! All of the results were normal and we have a decreased chance of Baby #2 having Downs Syndrome or Trisomy 13/18. I had more blood drawn this week which will test for likelihood of Spina Bifida so fingers crossed those results are normal as well.

How is Baby #2 Growing: Get ready for a growth spurt!! In the next few weeks, Baby #2 will double his/her weight and add inches to length. Right now, he or she is about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His/Her legs are much more developed, his/her head is more erect than it has been, and the eyes have moved closer to the front of his/her head. The patterning of his/her scalp has begun, though his/her locks aren't recognizable yet. Baby #2 has even started growing toenails! There's a lot happening inside as well. For example, Baby #2's heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as he/she develops.

I have been feeling better by the day, although I am still struggling with being exhausted. It is a rare night where I am awake past 9:00PM and if so, it usually means that I took a nap on the couch around 8:00PM. :) The morning sickness has been gone for a little while now but its the exhaustion that is lingering for a while longer.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs