It's a Jungle Out There!

Friday, December 30, 2011

Now that the holiday craziness has settled down, and life is somewhat back to normal (or at least as normal as it can get with two little ones), I started to try to get my head together for Jackson's First Birthday. And yes, I am fully aware that it's still months away (March).


Excuse me for a second while I go cry my eyes out.

I can not believe that my baby boy is turning one already. What a whirlwind this year has been, and with an incredibly rocky start with my baby boy and I. Between the scares that we had while I was pregnant, and the Postpartum Depression robbing my little man and I of months, it was a crazy start. But my Squishy means the world to me, he is my one and only little man, and is very much a Mama's boy, which I tend to think is just God's way of helping us make up for our lost time from the beginning.


I'll be the first to say that I had no intentions of going overboard with The Squishy's first Birthday, at least not until I started getting into it. Muwhahaha. I love this stuff. Will Jackson remember any of this? Nope? But I will. I want to be able to show him that no matter what he and Mama have gone through, no matter what any one else thinks about us, he is my main man, and this is just one small way that I can show him that.


Now, with all of that said, I'm am going to TRY to keep it reasonable. And I'm not talking about money here (I intend to keep that part even more than reasonable by lots of DIY). I love to design a lot of the little things myself, I think it's fun, and its a cheap way to make it personal. The food is going to be simple, the attendees are going to be limited to family, and luckily I have a lot of left over stuff from my parent's surprise party we threw this summer to help keep the cost at a minimum.

I stumbled upon this super cute website, called Cocoa Mint, where I downloaded adorable little jungle animals for $5.00 and then can use it for whatever! So here comes Squishy's water bottle labels, Birthday invitation, "Happy 1st Birthday" banner, cake topper and who knows what else, chalk full of cute jungle animals for my cute jungle animal.

So, my jungle adventure begins with planning one sweet birthday party for my sweet birthday boy who is turning one.

::: sobbs :::

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs