Just One Of Those Days...

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Tuesday was one of those emotional days that catch you by surprise. 

I got a message early that morning about a young mom, just diagnosed with cancer and she has been in my thoughts ever since that very moment. There are so many things I want to tell her. There are so many things I wish I knew. My mind was racing all day as to what I should or shouldn't say to her. What if I told her the wrong thing? What if I didn't make her feel better? And all those questions that I had no answers to at first, all those terrified feelings of the unknown came rushing back through my mind, and I just couldn't fight them off.

I was so tired on Tuesday night from all those emotions and I honestly just wanted to eat my feelings away or have a glass (or two) of wine. But instead, I decided that's what the old me would have done. So the new me, with my new goals, went downstairs and hit play on my workout to clear mind and just to process everything that happened today. It wasn't until almost the end of the workout when I realized what that one thing would be that I would tell that new mom. 

I'd tell her to clear her mind of "can't". 

I just kept thinking about what it was that got me through those really REALLY tough days. And sure, some of those days it was just the unbelievable support my from family a I broke in half, but most days when I just thought that I just can't do this, I cleared my mind of of that word... "can't".

There will be days where this new mom will think she can't get through this. Just like I thought. But she can. And she will. And she will come out stronger then ever on the other side. 

When you clear your mind of "can't", you can do anything.
 


There will days when she will think she can't get through this. Just like I thought. But she can. And she will. And she will come out stronger then ever on the other side.

When you clear your mind of "can't", you can do anything.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs