Motivation Monday: Because I Could

Monday, February 2, 2015

I honestly kind of thought that I was threw all the big "one year anniversaries" back in October. Maybe it was because I was SO afraid of October and worked SO hard to conquer it...

(which I totally did kthanks - October, don't let the door hit you on your way out - just sayin')

...but I really didn't think about many "cancer" anniversaries outside of that and my one year anniversary of being cancer free. Then I realized there was yet another one that kind of creep-ed up on me when I wasn't looking.

January 13th, 2015

I didn't really even realize it until the end of the day, when after work I was REALLY tired. I was hungry. All I wanted to do was to get into my comfy clothes and slippers and curl up on the couch. But I hadn't gotten my workout in that morning. It was just one of those days where the motivation wasn't there.

Until I realized where I was a year ago on that date. I was in bed. Barely able to lift my head off my pillow because I was so sick. 


I couldn't even kiss my babies goodnight. I couldn't sleep next to my husband, because if he rocked the bed too much I would get sick. I was just laying there, basically just wishing the next 5 months of my life away.

And remembering that, was all the motivation I needed to get up and push play on my program.

Why workout that day when I was so tired and hungry? Simply because I could. I would have given anything to just be "tired and hungry" on that date a year ago. I would have given anything to have felt good enough to exercise. It was a feeling that I always took for granted.


But never will again.

Don't take your ability to get up and get moving and get healthy for granted like I did. Because you never know when that choice might not be yours.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs