Catching Up!

Thursday, July 16, 2009


Hi Everyone!

Well, it's been a busy couple of days with our little mama so I'll try to catch you up on the latest and greatest. We went back to the Pediatrician's (which I absolutely love by the way) on Monday of this week for Emma's weight check up. We we able to tell last weekend that she was putting on weight, which was a big concern of ours before (since she dropped so much weight) but we weren't sure how much. Well, at the doctors office she was weighed and the grand total was a whopping 6 lbs 8 ozs!!! That was a HUGE improvement from her first appointment where she weighed only 5 lbs 1 oz (down from her original 5 lbs 12 oz weight). Our little mama is now our BIG mama!! So the doctor was really pleased to see that so we can finally relax our super feeding schedule which is a big relief to me! We were feeding her every 2 hours during the day and every 3 hours at night. Now, we can finally stretch it to every 3 hours during the day and we have been just letting her wake us up at night when she is hungry. That has pretty much been every 3 to 3.5 or 4 hours so she is pretty close.

She has changed so much already! Emma is awake a lot more often (day and night) and is very alert and inquisitive. She aboslutely loves her little lamb swing but I think is a little spoiled already because she pretty much won't fall asleep on her own, she likes to be held. I am already dreading the day that I have to go back to work and leave her in Day Care...I just know I am going to be a big mess!

The next two weeks are going to be pretty busy I think! Wes's parents are coming to MD for a visit next week and we can't wait for them to see their first granddaughter! Then, we are headed to a quick vacation to Ocean City the following week since Wes will already be off of work.

All in all we are doing really well. We are still trying to get our routine down, but right now it's pretty much whatever Emma ditates for us haha. We hope everyone is doing well! I think it's time for a quick cat nap for mommy since I have been awake since 5:00AM!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs