The Big First Birthday!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

So I know this is super late again, but here is a quick recap of Emma's First Birthday.

Amazing. :)

I thought that I was going to be a complete and utter mess that day but I held it in surprisingly well. At least until Emma's Mimi brought in the little rocking chair that I got for a present on my first Birthday which she was passing down to Emma. I couldn't hold back the tears! All in all though, it was an amazing day!!


We were lucky enough to have both of our families and Emma's two sets of grandparents celebrate this awesome day with us (since they are on opposite coasts of the United States). Emma was surrounded my friends and family on her actual first Birthday and although it took almost 3 months to plan, and it got very hectic before hand because of me being on travel, it was worth every second and every penny. You only turn One once right?!?! I pretty much knew that I was going to go totally overboard so I tried to save money where I could. For example, I had little flower vases already, bought some pink and green ribbon and flowers from the local grocery store and tried to put some arrangements together myself.


I still need to get some pictures from family members because it was a whirlwind of a day and I only got one picture of Emma in her Birthday tutu (that I also made) on my camera but here it is! :)


Emma made out like a bandit just from Mommy and Daddy with her new Radio Flyer wagon filled with goodies. :) She got a new 4th of July outfit, beach ball, some summer clothes for next year, new bathing suit for next year, a tea-set, jewelry box (complete with dancing ballerina) and a beach towel embroidered with her name. Shew! We can't thank everyone else enough for all the wonderful gifts that Emma got for her Birthday!!


The theme of the party was "pink and green" so I tried as best as I could to get everything in pink or green. Some of my plans were foiled because it was literally over 105 degrees outside so everything that I had planned for the little ones to play outside was put off because it was soooo hot! Here is another example of how I tried to "save money" by making a little Happy Birthday banner myself. I suppose the better idea would have been to NOT have a banner haha, but it was fun and something that I really enjoyed doing for my baby.

There are a ton more pictures of her Birthday but I am exhausted and am very much looking forward to going to be early, so these will have to do. :)

1 comment :

  1. Happy Birthday Emma!

    Did you make the cupcakes? They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs