Lots of Catching Up to Do!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

W.H.O.A.

What a month!!

I cannot believe that it has been over a month since the last time I was able to update the blog! I don't even know where to start!! Things have been absolutely crazy around here, starting with my trip to Virgina, which was the last time that I had 30 seconds to blog. So please, hang in there while I try to catch you up on our lives over the past month and a half.

I first have to send a big THANK YOU to my cousin Kim, who sent me the kindest, sweetest, most uplifting email after my last blog entry, when I was wondering if it was worth it. Kim, you have no idea what your email did to lift my spirits that week that I was gone away from Emma and I can't thank you enough for all the encouraging words that you sent!! I still don't know the answer to the question, if it was worth it or not, but I can at least say that I made peace with my decision and that great things have happened with my career in the past month and a half, that have made it at least seem, like it was worth it.

The second big THANK YOU I have to send (not in order of importance) is to my amazing husband, and Emma's amazing father. I wouldn't have been able to survive these past couple of CRAZY weeks without him. It's clear that the relationship that he has had with Emma has grown because of it, and its amazing to watch.

Okay....so....now on to the updates. I'm not even going to try to pretend to remember everything that has happened over the past month and a half but here is the Emma 101 overview....
  • My baby turned ONE on Sunday, June 27th 2010 (lots more to come on the 1st Birthday)

  • My baby can WALK! She took her first steps on Tuesday, July 13th and I saw her take 5 steps towards me just two days later.

  • My baby cut her 8th tooth just this past weekend.

  • Emma is almost fully transitioned to whole milk at this point. We are about to drop two small bottles during the day so she can drink milk out of the cups at daycare with breakfast and lunch.

  • She is now getting a 6 ounce bottle of milk in the morning, with her vitamins, two small bottles of milk for her meals at daycare, and then one afternoon bottle with a milk/formula mixture just so we can use up the last bit of formula, than a small milk bottle before bed.

  • Emma is still our amazing sleeper. More often than not, she is in bed by 6:30PM and sleeps until about 6:00AM.

  • Right before her first Birthday, we took away her pacifier and she did amazing. So she no longer uses a pacifier at all. The first two days of naps were a bit rough, but as long as she has her pink bear, that's all that matters. :)

  • Emma is definitely going to be the "talker" in school, just like her Mommy. She can say...Mama, Dada, Duck, Fan, Cracker, Cupcake, Crab, Car, Cup, Pop, Papa, Dog, Ball, Emma and a couple of others that I am probably forgetting.

  • If you ask Emma what sound a dog makes, she responds with "ooooh ooooh ooooh ooooh" which is her version of barking. :) If you ask her what sound a Lion makes (from one of her new puzzles) she says "aaaaaaaaahahhhhhhhhhhh", which is her version of a "roar". :) The same applies to a cow....with a response of "Mmmmmmmmm", her version of "moo". :)

So hopefully now I will be able to keep up to date with this to keep everyone updated on all the fun stuff that is happening now! Like I said before, I am sure there is a ton of stuff that I am missing, so as I remember, I will try to not fall so far behind this time!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs