The Squishy Turns One!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Even though The Squishy actually turned one a week ago, I am finally getting around to posting about it! Unfortunately, nothing too exciting happened on his actual birthday since it was back to work for Mama and Dada but we did have some morning fun. Daddy made the Squishy some jungle animal pancakes and we stuck a candle in the monkey and sang Happy Birthday! Then Jackson got to open a couple of his presents from Mommy and Daddy, but before we knew it, we were off to work.

We waited until the following weekend for the party with some family and friends and despite the day before his party being sunny and eighty degrees, Saturday was in the low sixties and rainy. But that wasn't going to put a damper on our day!

I decided to actually do something a little different this time and we got cupcakes from a local bakery (that won the show Cupcake Wars) and man were they good! We had eight different kinds. Chocolate, Vanilla, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Red Velvet, Smores, Black Bottoms, Cookies n' Cream and Strawberry Shortcake. Although I had grand plans in my head for lots more homemade stuff, like usual, I ended up running out of time. I did manage to make some cupcake toppers. They weren't perfect, but I thought they were fun!



Of course one little cupcake just wasn't going to do for The Squishy. So he got his own little cake. Nom. Nom. Nom.


The other thing I did make (and our new hallway Board and Batten was the perfect place to hang it) was Squishy's little jungle banner. Emma got a big kick out of this and was loving practicing her letters on something new!



The poor babies were stuck inside because of the rain all morning, and Mommy was running around like a crazy person mom getting ready for a birthday party so after naps, the babies were ready to get their party on! I had taken nap time to make the final preparations, including strategically placing all the balloons in the perfect spots. Yeah, should have known about that one. They lasted about 15 seconds....


Can you tell Emma was a little excited for the party to start?


We did have about 30 seconds to snap a quick family picture. Emma looks like she saw a ghost, Jackson is wondering what Mommy is looking at, Mommy is having a silent panic attack because the balloons are everywhere and Daddy needs a beer.  But, this is one of our very few pictures as a complete family, so I love it.

(PS. Remind me to never wear that shirt again. Color is cute, but NOT flattering. Ugh.)


I actually tried not to have the camera attached to my hip for most of the day and actually enjoy the party. I did have to break it out during cake time though and boy am I glad that I did because I wouldn't have wanted to miss this...

The minute that The Squishy's cake touched down, it was like wasps to a flame. All the little ones came running. So naturally, The Squishy tried to protect his cake. Mostly, from his big sister who had already stuck her fingers in it.


Now, I'm no mind reader, but I am pretty sure that this is Squishy's "Sup. Watch this." face. :)


Yup. Then he dove right in. Smart kid. Streamlining the process already.


This is where Squishy proceeds to look around the room, and wonder why he isn't getting yelled at because I'm pretty sure that this is his dream come true.

"Ummm. Really? I can't put a rock in my mouth but I can put a four inch cake in?"


The Squishy's "Whoa" face. "Shew...I need a break."


"Whop! Breaks over!"


This is when I realized that this could go on for hours since the icing was probably an inch thick all around! So I gave the cake a small cut, and that little man just kept going.


After that it was off to open presents which was pretty much a whirlwind. Squishy couldn't have cared less and was off playing while the rest of the kids (including Emma) opened his presents. He was pretty beat that night, so I think we may have made it to 7:30 before he crashed. We really did have a fantastic day.

1 comment :

  1. Your kids are absolutely precious!!! I laughed out loud at the pics from the cake-eating :) :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs