Whooo Loves Ya Baby...

Thursday, February 14, 2013

I know a lot of folks aren't into Valentine's Day, and for a while, I didn't really think too much of it myself. It was always nice to take a quick break from life to have a special dinner, and Wes and I always exchanged cards, but not much outside of that. Like every other holiday though after the kids come, it tends to be more about the kids (which is okay with me). So this year, I did a little Valentine's Day decorating!

I went back to one of my favorite websites Cocoa Mint (even though I've only ever bought anything there once before) and purchased some Valentine's Day graphics. For $5, you can't really go wrong. I then whipped up some quick little designs with PowerPoint, printed them on regular computer paper and threw them into some $5 frames that we already had. Voila! That is my kind of craft.  

 

I then whipped up four smaller graphics using the background paper and pictures I got from Cocoa Mint, printed two copies of each on regular printer paper, glued them onto some red cardstock, threw some red polka-dot ribbon through them and voila! A Valentine's Day banner for our mantel!
  

I actually don't have a picture of the whole thing together but you get the idea. The kids loved it, and for the whopping thirty minutes and $5 it took me, it was worth it.


Another little Valentine's Day treat was equally as cheap and as quick! I found this idea on Pinterest I think and eventually found my way back to the original website it came from, Cute Food for Kids. All you need is some pretzels (salted are the best), some chocolate to melt and sprinkles. This is where it gets very complicated here so pay close attention. Melt the chocolate. Dip the pretzel in the melted chocolate. Dip the chocolate covered pretzel into sprinkles. Take a sip of your wine while you hold it for a second to cool. Put the pretzel down. Shew. I'm exhausted. Check out the website for some tips on how to not burn the chocolate, and a couple other little helpful things. Enjoy! These things are delicious!! Oh, side note. When allowing two children to help, be aware that more chocolate and sprinkles end up being consumed then actually on the pretzels. Then allow for a good three hours of spinning, dancing, running in circles, yelling, screaming and literally bouncing off the walls.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs