Snowballs!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Clearly, life has not settled down much given my whopping one post in March and whopping zero posts in April. Pretty much the entire month of March and half of April was spent attempting to disinfect the entire house and each person in it since the stomach virus got a hold of pretty much everyone, and hit the little ones way harder then Mommy and Daddy. On top of the stomach virus, there were colds, sinus infections and a little boy who shall remain nameless ::: cough ::: ::: cough ::: ::: the squishy ::: ::: cough ::: who is now most likely allergic to dust, among other things. Until I can get a post out of what we have been up to over the past two months, here's a couple of updated pictures of the hurricanes babies.
I don't know why I love these pictures so much. You have probably already seen them on Facebook but I couldn't resist posting them here as well. This was the first time the kids got a hold of a snowball this spring. Emma had been begging for one for weeks, but the chill in the air and the clouds left most of the local snowball stands closed. Until now....

It's hard to pinpoint my favorite part of this picture. Its either the sunshine bouncing off of The Squishy's overgrown blond hair, the Kayne West sunglasses, the T-Rex racing jammies (despite this being at 3:00 in the afternoon) or the hard core look on his blueberry snowball stained face. It has to be the look on his face and the holding of the snowball that just screams "sup Mom".

I seriously can't get enough of this stinky little man.


Meanwhile, back on the ranch, Emma Kathryn was three-quarters done her snowball. I suppose technically The Squishy was too, but mostly because he spilled over half of it before his first bite.

#snowballsstayoutside.

Emma was totally digging her grape snowball. I finally got her to try the marshmallow in Mommy & Daddy's snowball and boy was that a hit. This girl is so crazy. She took a bite of a s'more last weekend and cried. But not the oh-my-gosh-this-is-delicious-cry. It was the oh-my-gosh-I-can't-believe-I-tried-three-things-I-love-but-they-were-mixed-together-which-is-so-scary-I-might-die-cry. She promptly spit it out.

Luckily, the snowball/marshmallow combo was much better received and she has been begging for one on a daily basis since then. Such a diva.


As soon as I turned my attention back to The Squishy (who is now nicknamed The Hurricane in school), I saw him reaching his grubby little hands over into Mommy & Daddy's snowball sneaking bites while Mommy wasn't looking.


If he wasn't so darn cute he would have been grounded for life. I then realized where he got his "snowballs are no funny business" personality from. Yup, the Mama.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs