Cookie Exchange!

Monday, November 16, 2009

Hi Everyone! I thought I would take a few minutes to update everyone on how things are going with us...great! Emma is doing well and is almost 5 months old already. I absolutely can't believe how fast time is flying by. She is still working on rolling over thing haha but has been a little distracted lately because she is teething! That's right! 4.5 Months old and definitely teething! It's going to be an interesting few weeks!

We had a great weekend with some awesome weather. It reminded me of our wedding day when it was bright and sunny and 70 degrees in the middle of November! We ran some errands and did just some odds and ins on Saturday. I had to get ready for a cookie exchange on Sunday so I was baking away! I decided to make some Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter cookies and they turned out pretty good!



Sunday, it was off to the cookie exchange after a really productive morning! I was up-and-at-em and had my second batch of cookies finished, my 7-layer salad made and dinner in the crock-pot all before 9:00AM. Shew! That's probably why I was back in bed by 9:00PM that night haha! I ended up coming back with 25 different kinds of cookies and recipes for all! Yum! Between the new cookies and ones I made, I took about 10 bags (3 each) to give away to work, have two LARGE freezer bags full in the freezer, a frozen bag for my parents and a bag in the pantry for Wes and I to eat! We are in cookie overload! Needless to say I won't have to do much baking for the holidays!

Emma ended up taking one LONG nap on Sunday but just couldn't stay awake until bedtime, so about 5:30PM when I got home, I found this....

Tiny must have had a hard couple of hours of playing with Daddy because she was almost done for the night! Although I really had a great time at the cookie exchange, I couldn't wait to get home and this is exactly why. Nothing in the world compares to these snuggles. After a short nap on Mommy, Emma woke up and was completely content just snuggled in my arms, "chatting" with Mommy for the rest of the night. Even though she isn't even 5 months old yet, I can't imagine my life without her.

As I am sitting her tonight, listening to the baby monitor I can't help but think about my cousin who just went into the hospital about an hour ago ready to begin her new journey of mother-hood. Kim, you are in our thoughts and prayers tonight and I can't wait to come and get to meet Baby Girl for the first time!! Good luck!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs