35 Weeks & 35 Days Left!!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Jackson turned 35 Weeks "old" today!!! One more week and I will officially be 9 months pregnant! WOWZA! Overall, I haven't been feeling to bad. The hardest part is probably sleeping lately, and pretty much my entire day hinges on how I slept the night before. Unfortunately, Wes has been sick for pretty much the past three weeks, but has been having a tough time shaking this cough over the past few days so between that and the typical three bathroom trips a night, it's been a bit of a long week already.

I did catch myself today though when I was talking to Wes about how uncomfortable I was feeling because Jackson is sitting very low. So things like putting on shoes, rolling over and even just sitting are getting very hard to do. But then I thought of what we were expecting to face about three weeks ago and how we were preparing ourselves for having a baby at 32 or 33 weeks and spending weeks in the NICU. That changed my attitude immediately. At least until Jackson gave me a swift kick to the ribs. Ha! But needless to say, we are lucky that he is still "cooking" and that we aren't spending most of our days and nights at the NICU right now, so keep the bathroom trips every 30 minutes coming. At least for now. I might be singing a different tune in another two weeks ha!


Jackson doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 lbs (think honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in there, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same (and has been). His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete, so he'll spend the next few weeks just putting on weight.


I was thinking back the other evening about how I was feeling at this point with Emma and it was just about now that things started to go downhill and the swelling really started, etc. My cravings have been pretty different between the two, but I just started to notice a few similarities, like tonight when a Dairy Queen Blizzard popped into my head. Haha! I'll have to save that for a special occasion though. :) With Emma, I was craving vegetables...especially brussel sprouts, but Jackson has been singing a different tune and he wants sweets! He also wants LOTS of orange juice and is a big fan of cereal. I think I probably eat more bowls of cereal in one week with Jackson then I did my entire pregnancy with Emma! So far, I have gained 26 pounds which isn't too bad. I feel like its much more spread out this time though and noticing it a lot in my legs and arms and my face. But still...I am pretty happy with 26 pounds and only 5 weeks to go! But here I am as of today!!



For a fun comparison, here I am at 35 Weeks with Jackson (Left) and Emma (Right)!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs