A Little Bit of Everything...

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Well, to save time and simplify the number of blog updates I was planning, here is a post about a little bit of everything. :)

Today I turned 36 weeks pregnant, so officially 9 months! My due date is exactly one month from today! Wow! I have been feeling relatively good lately, still feeling like I shouldn't complain given everything that we went through a few weeks ago, but it sure is getting harder by the day! Wes now has to consistently put my socks on for me, and I officially had to retire the high heels. Oh man! I have gained just about 28 pounds, so still not terrible, although I am certainly feeling the effects of the weight whether its walking up the steps (add on a toddler and thats an extra 50 pounds pretty much) or just being on my feet. So far sleeping is touch and go. Some nights are horrific, coupled with heartburn, muscle pain, and going to the bathroom 1,000 times, but the good part is, is that some nights are still pretty good! I have also been having more and more Braxton Hicks contractions, much more so than with Emma (at least that I can remember). Although they don't seem to be doing much yet because at my doctors appointment yesterday, I hadn't made any progress. DOH!

I definitely feel like I hit a growth spurt from 35 to 36 weeks and hopefully that means that Jackson is following along! Here I am at 35 weeks (left) and today, at 36 weeks (right).


Jackson is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (in theory) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Jackson swallows both of these substances (eewwwww), along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement. At the end of this week, Jackson will be considered full-term and he is still in the head-down position.

We still have some work to do on his room but here is what it looks like today, a big mess! :) It was looking more like a nursery a few days ago but since we are painting strips on the top part of the walls, we decided to hire a professional to do that part since taping isn't exactly our strong suit when it comes to painting ha! So all of Jackson's furniture is moved into the middle of the room, curtains aren't quite ironed or hung yet, but all the furniture is put together, clothes are washed and put away, organizer is built and filled with goodies so we just need some stripes and a baby!! I haven't yet gotten around to what kind of "decorations" will be in his room, but that can wait and maybe give me something fun to do in my last two weeks.




Daycare was also closed this week because of President's Day so Emma and Mommy had a special day at home together! Although it started off a little rough with a cranky baby (I think those two year molars are about to make an appearance) we ended on a fun note after an exhausting trip to Barnes & Noble. It was a good thing that I decided to take Emma's shirt off before we started finger painting because little Miss Sunshine decided that she needed to paint her belly! Good thing this paint is awesome and wipes right off, no matter how long it dries on something!


Needless to say, directly after our painting fun, Emma went right into the bathtub! She loves the bath, so much so that Mommy can tend to get bored waiting for her to be ready to get out (normally during the week its a bit quicker before bedtime but once and a while I'll let her stay in there for as long as she wants haha). So this gave Mommy some time to play with her camera! Man, I really need to get my Speedlite!!




No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs