Dear Emma...

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dear Emma,

I was sitting down the other day thinking about how your world is about to get turned upside down with the addition of your new baby brother. but found myself thinking more about how excited I am to see you become the amazing big sister that I know you will be. You're only 19 months old right now, but have been handling all of the changes and stress right along with Mommy and Daddy. You are absolutely amazing and Daddy and I couldn't have asked for a bigger blessing in life. You and your baby brother are our entire world.

At 19 months old, you are one of the funniest people I know. You are incredibly smart, have a vocabulary of who knows how many words, have 16 teeth, and are a tiny little peanut in the 5th percentile for weight, and 25th percentile for height. Whenever we go somewhere together, I am constantly stopped by strangers commenting on your amazing blue eyes, and just overall how cute you are.

You have an incredible personality and are already so much like Daddy it's scary! You have the most expressive eyes I have ever seen, and you make me laugh every single day. You already are stringing together multiple words and have numerous three-word sentences, and continue to have a love for anything related to animals and books.

Daddy and I are incredibly lucky that you chose us to be your parents.

I can't even imagine what a great big sister you are going to be to Jackson. I can already picture you teaching him animal sounds (because animals are your favorite thing in the entire world right now), telling him all about your puppy, Shamus, and your kitty, Arby and reading him books, just like you try to read to Mommy and Daddy. And I am sure there will be many times where you just plain teach him how to get in trouble. Ha!

You continue to have this incredible love of life and haven't changed since you were born as one of the happiest and easy going babies that I have ever known. Of course, you have your moments, and that's not to say that you aren't incredibly sassy, but that's exactly what Daddy and I love about you.

Just one year ago, we were about to start your first ever swim lessons, and today, you are learning your colors, sounds that letters make and continue to amaze your parents.

Mommy and Daddy love you with all of our hearts and we will continue to do so for all of eternity.
 
Love Forever,
Mommy

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs