Weekly Update - 16 Weeks! Four Months!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hi Everyone! Today is Baby O's weekly Birthday! Time has been flying by, so much that we can't believe that I am four months pregnant already! I guess all this moving across the country stuff will make time fly by ha! I am headed off tomorrow to my next Doctors appointment for some blood work and I can't help but get nervous before every appointment. I think this should be a quick one though, and I believe that we get to schedule our BIG ultrasound for about three weeks, when we will get to find out the sex of Baby O! Then "it" will turn into a "he" or a "she".

I have been feeling pretty good lately, with only a bad day every now and then. I have MUCH more energy then in the first trimester (thank goodness) and Baby O let's me know really fast when I have had my limit for the day. I pretty much hit the wall and have to sleep immediately!

How Is Baby Growing?

Get ready for a growth spurt! In the next few weeks, Baby O will double in weight and add inches to his/her length. Right now, Baby O is about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His/Her legs are much more developed, the head is more erect than it has been. The eyes have moved closer to the front of his/her head (well I should hope so! Ha!). The ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his/her scalp has begun, though the locks aren't recognizable yet. Baby O has even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well! For example, the heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as Baby O continues to develop.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs