Weekly Update - 17 Weeks!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Brrrr...I don't know about you guys, but it sure is cold here this week! I was able to work from home yesterday and got to watch some of the snow fall, but too bad it turned into ice last night! Wes was really cute this morning (sorry honey if that was embarrassing) but he got up early to go shovel all the ice out of the driveway, sidewalk and steps for me before I had to leave for work. He backed the car out into the street for me and held my hand as I walked down the newly shoveled steps to make sure I didn't fall. He is such a good hubby!

Anyway, today is Baby O's 17th Week Birthday! Wes and I have been Brainstorming baby girl names left and right since Monday and the list is growing! I am feeling much better then I did over the weekend, so that has been a nice break since it was pretty bad. I still have some mild cramping during the mornings and by the evening the sharp pains tend to come back but its much easier to sleep (and stay asleep) for that matter. At least in regards to the cramping...going to the bathroom 50 times a night is a different story ha! Ah...the joys of pregnancy. :) Anyway, on to the weekly update! We are starting to move on to some of the more unattractive food items, like onions and sweet potatoes, so maybe this means Baby O will start craving some more veggies! Ha!

How Is Baby O Growing?

Baby O's skeleton is changing now from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord, her lifeline to the placenta, is growing stronger and thicker (side note...I can finally call Baby O a "she" yeah!!!). From the ultrasound, the technician said that she weighs about 7 ounces now, and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop. I will try to post some of the ultrasound pictures from the latest appointment soon!

We hope everyone is doing well!!

2 comments :

  1. I'm glad your feeling better. Aw what a sweet hubby for cleaning off the car, sidewalks and helping you get there safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! Yeah, Wes got major points for that yesterday morning haha!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs