Today I Feel Like Supermom

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

On a "typical" day, I loath SuperMom. I know she is out there somewhere, looking down and laughing at us moms that don't quite have all of our ducks in a row. Most likely because one of our kids took a duck and threw it in the toilet while the other kid was feeding a duck to the dog. She is out there somewhere in her extremely clean and organized house, sitting in her skinny jeans folding a fitted sheet into a perfect square while her apple pie is baking in the oven, her kids are just finishing up counting to 100 in Spanish and she is on the phone with her boss who is giving her a big promotion at work.

But not today SuperMom!

I don't know what it is, maybe it's the new anxiety medication kicking in, maybe its the fact that we had an awesome weekend where my baby boy became Catholic and my baby girl turned two. Maybe it's because I am finally seeing the scale move in a downward direction, maybe it's because today is a good PPD day, who knows. All I know that is today, I feel like SuperMom and I am going to ride this wave as long as I can.

My fitted sheets aren't folded in a perfect square, Emma ate a microwaved hot dog for her Birthday dinner last night followed by a piece of cake (healthy I know), Jackson spit up all over my shoulder as we were talking to a salesperson about a new stone patio just prior to finally pooping for the first time in four days, I was so exhausted I didn't have the energy to go for a run and I ate left over salad and ice cream from Emma's party for dinner while Wes polished off the pasta salad, some Melba toast, two pieces of ham, leftover fruit salad and a freezer pop. I have no idea what we are going to do for dinner tonight, my clothes hamper is full, we have a ton of ironing to do, the heel of my shoe snapped off yesterday at work so I bobbed my way out to my car which has no gas in it, the only beverages I consumed yesterday were coffee and a Corona. My bedroom is a mess, the baby pools from Emma's and Jackson's party are still filled with water and filling up with more grass and dirt by the minute, our carpet is already dirty again after just having it cleaned, my toenail polish is completed chipped off from a pedicure that I had the week of Mother's Day and did I mention how exhausted I am?


Despite all of that, I still feel like SuperMom.

You know why?

My kids are healthy and thriving.

Emma had the best weekend of her life.

Jackson is growing like a weed and is as manly as ever.

I have a loving and incredibly supportive husband.

Tonight is our first Mommy and Me Gymnastics class with my cousin and her baby Jillian.

I have a job. A job that I actually enjoy (most days). :)

My family is healthy.

I lost 3 pounds.

We are getting a new stone patio.

I got up this morning, and walked into Jackson's room and was greeted with the biggest and brightest smile in the entire world.

Next week is a four day week and we have an awesome holiday weekend planned with friends and family.

We are able to provide a financially stable life for our babies that fortunately allows us to do fun things like Mommy and Me Gymnastics class.

My baby girl says Please and Thank You.

I am getting back into my Photography hobby.

I ran three times last week.

I am going to kick Postpartum Depressions rear-end.

Emma slept in until 7:15 this morning.

Jackson has gone to bed before 9:00PM the last three nights and has slept until 6:00AM the next day. He actually went to bed at 7:00 on Saturday night and slept until the next morning.

Emma and Jackson are now at home with a Nanny during the day. A Nanny that we love, which allows me to get two hours of my day back that I didn't have when Emma was in daycare (plus it's actually cheaper).

Emma and Jackson haven't been sick for months (knock on wood).

We just got to spend some great time together (although too short) with Emma and Jackson's Gigi and Papa who live on the West Coast, and we got to check out the National Zoo with the E and J's big cousins Kevin, Shane and Aunt Adrienne who we unfortunately don't get to see very often (we miss you guys!!!).


And even though my bedside table has a book about anxiety along with anxiety medication, it also has a pacifier and baby monitor on it that reminds me how truly lucky I am that I am a mom to two amazing babies.  


Take that to the bank and cash it SuperMom.




No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs