Binky Bashing? Not Really...

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I got a recent comment from a blog reader (Anonymous) that I should do my research before "Binky bashing". I just wanted to make a quick post and say that in no way was I trying to bash anyone for using a Binky. I know that for many children it does wonders and for parents too for that matter. I was simply just trying to say that it ideally isn't for us. Each mother or parent has different opinion and when it comes to motherhood, you will find some very opinionated people! Breast feeding vs. bottle feeding, swaddling vs. not swaddling, letting a baby "cry it out" vs. not letting a baby cry, co-sleeping vs. crib sleeping, and clearly...Binky vs. no Binky.

Please keep this in mind as it applies to pretty much my entire blog...what is included in these posts is what I find to be right for my child and my family, which may not be the same as yours. That's okay! Anyone is certainly welcome to comment and leave their opinions (I welcome them) but I am certainly not trying to influence anyone else on how to raise their child. So telling me to do my research before I make a decision, seems a little one sided because there is a REASON why I choose not to have Emma "addicted" to her Binky. Because I have seen the later effects that it can have on a child is one of those reasons. Again..that's not to say that she doesn't use it because we do give it to her, but only as a last resort. And, you will also find that when you do research on things like this, there are always two sides to every story. Although someone may find a study that shows Binky's may be found to help prevent SIDS , in other studies the are shown to lead to 40% more ear infections. So again, there are always two sides to every story.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs