Emma's Trip to the Zoo!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

We decided to take Emma to the Maryland Zoo for the first time this weekend because it was going to be such a nice day out on Saturday. Our plan was to go right when it opened at 10:00AM but as we now know, any schedules are pretty much overthrown by Emma's napping! She was pretty tired in the morning and went down for what is usually her 20 - 45 minute morning nap, and a little over two hours later we were ready to go to the zoo ha!

We had a great time and Emma did really well despite Mommy coating her from head to toe in sunscreen and making her wear her bucket hat all day haha. We did a little animal watching for about an hour and then stopped under a nice shady area for lunch. Emma loved seeing the animals but I think spent more time watching all of the children running around.

After heading home, Emma took a good long nap again and was ready to play for the rest of the night at home. These are the kind of days that I love taking my camera along because although I may not get the best pictures (I am still learning the manual settings and especially outdoors) but I love being able to capture these little moments. Because our time and activities with Emma is somewhat limited during the week because of working, I really look forward to little trips like these, spending time with just the three of us, our little family.

Here are some pictures from our fun day!

1 comment :

  1. Aw, I'm glad Emma had fun at the Zoo. Love the bucket hat too.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs