27 Weeks!! Third Trimester!! ACK!!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Well, today we officially hit the 27 week mark so we are right around the corner from being 7 months pregnant (28 weeks). Yikes! Life has been absolutely crazy lately filled with Christmas preparations, stomach viruses and one completely exhausted Mommy.

We got great news last week though when I went for my follow up sonogram. All of Jackson's CPCs are totally gone!!! What a relief!! He is still measuring a week behind but they aren't very concerned about that since Emma was so tiny when she was born (fingers crossed he isn't going to bulk up too much in the last couple of weeks and make mommy push out a 9 pound baby...ACK)! But overall he looks really good, strong heartbeat and moving around more and more everyday. The little stinker is still breech but again, they aren't too worried about that either since we still have a way to go before it matters. I will get to see my baby Jack again in another 6 weeks for my next sonogram to check on his growth and position, so until then, I'll just be relying on those kicks and punches for reassurance that he is doing a-okay!

I also started going to the doctor's every two weeks! Yikes again! With Emma, I don't think happened until I was about 32 weeks so I was a little surprised at my last appointment but come to find out, some other friends are going every two weeks around the same time, so maybe there was a change somewhere? I am hoping to find out soon if I passed my glucose test or not, fingers crossed I won't have to go back in for the 3 hour test!

I have lots more to blog about including some Christmas surprises but until then, I'm exhausted (recovering from the dreaded stomach virus myself) and still have about 3,593 things on my to-do list before Friday..so needless to say its going to be a busy week. :)


But for now, I will leave you with how Jackson is doing this week! This week, Jackson weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, Jackson's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs