29 Weeks & Jackson's Room

Friday, January 7, 2011

I know I say this every time but wow, is this pregnancy going fast. In just a few short days we will be in the single digits for the number of weeks until baby Jackson arrives and boy, if that doesn't send me into a panic I don't know what does. Ha! We are just about 3/4 of the way through the pregnancy with way more than only 1/4 of our things to do left! Uh oh!

Jackson now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, I'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, I'm trying to drink my milk and find other good sources of calcium. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in Jackson's hardening skeleton each day.

Jackson certainly has gotten much more active over the past week or two and has hit a growth spurt for sure! I am still craving basically anything orange or grape flavored (which is really odd) and can't sleep unless I have at least one glass of orange juice before heading to bed!

Unfortunately, we aren't quite ready to post any pictures of Jackson's nursery quite yet as it is a giant mess but hopefully we will be able to make some progress this weekend! We will be doing something similar to Emma's room with a high chair rail with white paint underneath and color on the top. But I just can't decide which way to go!







Option One: Light blue paint above chair rail with a few plane white stripes. I think what draws me to this picture is the simplicity of it all.










Option Two: Similar light blue paint above chair rail but with some white and navy blue stripes. This option seems to pop a little bit more with color.




 
 
 
 
Stay tuned to find out and see the end result (probably in a few weeks) haha!

1 comment :

  1. I like option #2 with the navy stripe. I'm all about adding a 'punch' to a room and this looks really cool. Of course, stripes are tricky, so you could always go solid light blue on top and 'punch' with other colors or patterns (polka dots) in your wall decor.
    Just my 2 cents :)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs