30 Weeks & Jackson's a Cabbage!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

We are officially 3/4 of the way there!! Which is excited and really scary all at the same time! ACK! Yesterday, Jackson turned 30 Weeks and Mommy pretty much turned miserable haha! I sure wasn't expecting an overnight change in how I felt but I sure got one! I had been having some back pain lately which I was lucky enough to almost completely avoid with Emma, but yesterday started the hip and joint pain as well. 


Jackson is about 15.7 inches long now, and weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face.

I know I have been slacking with the belly pictures with Jackson but here is the latest and greatest. I am definitely MUCH bigger this time around am carrying Jackson much lower than I did with Emma. Maybe that's why I have been lucky enough to almost completely avoid heartburn this time around but my hips sure are paying the price. I have taken a couple other pictures but didn't have the courage to post them! Ha!

Here I am, at exactly 30 weeks!



To compare with Emma...this is me with Jackson at 30 weeks, and me with Emma at 34 weeks!! Its a little hard to tell because the scale on the pictures is a bit different but to me, I look bigger with Jackson and I am 4 weeks behind!! WOWZA!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs