2011 Walk to End Alzheimers

Monday, August 29, 2011

Wes and I have decided to participate again in the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk® on Saturday, October 29th. I've posted about this a couple of times before, so you probably know that our family has been personally touched by this disease. My grandmother, who passed away June 1st of 2008 was a victim of Alzheimer's. Each year, we try to raise what we can, and although it may not be much, every little bit helps. This year, I really would love to double what we raised last year though. 


My grandmother was only one of the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer's. This year, we really need your support. I know that money is tight, it's tight for everyone, but please consider even donating $5 to help this cause. The money goes directly to advancing the research into prevention, treatments and a cure. For the millions already affected by the disease, the Association offers care, education, support and resources in communities nationwide. On behalf of my grandmother, Julia, and the millions of Americans who are living with this disease, thank you.


Alzheimer's disease is not only difficult for the patient, but also extremely difficult for the families. It changes a person right before your eyes and can be very frustrating at the same time as extraordinarily heartbreaking. Seeing what my parents had to go through with my grandmother, and seeing the pain that it caused my father to sometimes not have his mother recognize him was one of the hardest things that I have done in my life. Doing anything we can, even things as little as participating in a walk and hoping to raise $200, to hopefully make sure that Emma and Jackson never have to go through that kind of pain of seeing a family member affected by such a horrible disease. So please, help us to raise money to support this incredibly important cause.

To make donations or to join the walk, please go here: http://walktoendalz.kintera.org/baltimore/lauraodom




No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs