38 Weeks & Operation "Evict this Baby"

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Just a few short weeks ago, Wes and I were living on pins and needles, taking it day by day thinking (and worrying) that we were about to have a newborn, and a preemie, at any day. Now, we are on a different kind of pins and needles, but incredibly lucky and thankful that we made it this far! My due date is officially two weeks from today!!

I certainly have my moments where I am miserable, but today is actually a good day, despite the fact that both Emma and Wes are sick. I think they both got a good night sleep last night because they were all doped up on medicine, but that meant that Mommy also got a good night of sleep and that seems to make a world of difference!! Emma actually has an upper respiratory infection, but we saw her pediatrician yesterday and she is now on some antibiotics and hopefully on the mend. Wes however, has yet another cold this year! Today is one of those days where I feel incredibly lucky for everything that I have, and especially lucky for being able to carry Jackson to full term (despite a few road bumps), even though Operation "Evict this Baby" is about to be in full effect. Ha!

Because today is a pretty good day, I can't actually complain much about how I feel. Although, who knows what tomorrow will bring and I certainly have my days where there is a lot more complaining going on. :) Jackson's last few weeks have actually been pretty similar to Emma's last few weeks in a lot of ways. I have started to have more contractions and have been feeling several throughout the day. I haven't quite dropped yet, but am also carrying Jackson lower than I did Emma, so I'm curious to see if I have as much of a noticeable drop. I have had a lot more lower back pain and more pain in areas that I won't discuss (haha) because he is sitting so low.


We are heading in tomorrow for a growth sonogram so we should get a pretty good idea on how big the little man is. I have it in my head, that he is much bigger than Emma, and can't help but feel like he is going to be 8 or 9 lbs, compared to her tiny 5 lbs 12 ounce birth weight. If he is measuring 'normal', he should be about 6.8 pounds and over 19 1/2 inches long. He has a firm grasp, which we'll soon be able to test when we hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life in the outside world!


I actually think that I am having more pregnancy cravings then ever now, but they seem to be pretty consistent and involve anything that is loaded with sugar (unfortunately), orange juice or a bowl of crunchy cereal with super cold milk!!

I am also to the point now where I get a lot more comments from people I work with and even strangers! For fun, here is a short list of the comments that tend to hear now at least a couple times a day...
  • "Wow! You're about to pop!"
  • "Why are you still working?"
  • "You're bigger than you were yesterday!"

Then again, I do get the occasional positive comment that even though I know people are just being nice, it certainly makes my day...
  • "Wow! You are all belly!"
  • "You can't even tell you are pregnant from behind!" (Haha...that one's my favorite!)

I told Wes last week, that I would give him until I was 38 weeks pregnant to start Operation "Evict this Baby" so today is the day!! Bring on the spicy food, long walks, and some other unmentionable things to hopefully get things moving! :)


We had a pretty relaxing weekend and since the weather wasn't great, we spent most of it hanging out and spending time with Emma coloring, finger painting, reading books and of course snuggling in to watch some movies. Since I had been having a hard time trying to figure out what I want to hang in Jackson's room, I decided to let Emma have a say in the matter. So she colored a picture for her baby brother, complete with an outline of her tiny little hand. :)


And because my Emma Kathryn is beautiful, I couldn't resist posting two quick snapshots of her. :) 


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs