My Poor Baby is Still Sick!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Emma has had this cold/virus thing for weeks now almost. Every time she seems to be getting better she has a bad night and seems to fall right back into it. We are heading to the doctor's this afternoon because we just can't shake it with the usual things of elevating her mattress, humidifier, etc.

We had a rough night last night where she just kept coughing all night and crying and whining. Usually if she wakes up in the middle of the night, she is pretty good about going back to sleep, so we know when she fights it for so long that she just doesn't feel good. After giving her almost 45 minutes to try to get back to sleep, I brought her into our bed and even that didn't do the trick because she felt so bad. The poor thing tossed and turned for another hour or so until I gave up and took her downstairs to watch some TV hoping she would fall asleep in my lap.


Unfortunately, that plan backfired as she got all excited about Tigger and Pooh Bear so she started chatting up a storm!! What a stinker!! After two episodes, and falling asleep in the chair myself, I took her back up to her crib and she finally settled in for the night, at least until about 5:00AM this morning when the tossing and turning and whimpering started again.

She was so tired and cranky and you could just tell she didn't feel well on the way to school today. After dropping her off (knowing it would be a short day), I called the doctor and luckily we were able to schedule an appointment for her to get checked out by Dr. P in enough time for me to head to my weekly doctor's appointment as well this afternoon.



My poor baby. Even though she didn't feel well, she still wanted to rock the sunglasses all the way to school.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs