Well...Not Much Longer Now!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So after all of my complaining and getting my hopes up every night that on one of my 5 trips to the bathroom that my water is going to break, we finally have a light at the end of the tunnel! And that light is shining right on Friday, March 18th!

I had my regular doctors appointment this morning and for some reason I was really anxious beforehand, despite scarfing down a yummy danish and hot chocolate from Panera Bread with my mom (those morning appointments always were a good excuse to meet Mimi for breakfast haha)! I'm not sure why I was so anxious, maybe just hoping for some good news that my body had at least STARTED getting ready for the big day. Luckily, that's exactly what I got. :)

After waiting what seemed like forever in the room with my little paper sheet that is oh-so attractive and comfortable, my doctor came in and we found out that I am 1 - 2 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. WOO HOO! I know you can be dilated for weeks, but it was at least a good sign! I actually thought that last night could have been the night after several back to back strong contractions but nope. They stopped right before bed. DOH! Anyway...back to the story at hand.

Since my labor with Emma ended up going so super fast in the end (I went from 3 cm to 9 cm to pushing and having a new baby girl all within 45 minutes of getting my first dose of pitocin), Dr. S. thought it was a good idea that we don't chance it any more than we have to so we are scheduled to head into the hospital at noon on Friday!

Insert 9 Month Pregnant Lady Doing Happy Dance Here!!!

So, I decided to make today my last day in the office and although we are still working on making a plan for the next two days, the end is in sight!! We will continue to keep everyone posted as much as we can!!

1 comment :

  1. YAY!!!! So excited for you guys!!! And don't worry about Project Simplify either. I'll try hard to get it done for us both ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs