Bake Sale & Halloween FAIL

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I don't know what was wrong with me lately but today I had both a Bake Sale and Halloween FAIL.

For our upcoming Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk, we are doing a Bake Sale at work and I (without consulting reality apparently) signed up to bring to multiple loafs of bread and a bunch of brownies. Why didn't anyone remind me that was a bad idea with a 2 year old and a 7 month old running the house?

Yeah, so needless to say I'm just starting to bake now, my Banana and Apple Cinnamon bread required a cup of water, a 1/4 cup of oil and two eggs each (that's right...box-o-bread) and my delicious, homemade, super chocolatey brownies that I was envisioning were also turned into box-o-brownies with sprinkles on top that now have three different kinds of oil in them because I didn't even think to check to make sure we had everything.

That's right...Canola, Vegetable and EVOO all in the same brownie mix because I could barely muster up the 1/2 cup that I needed.

My poor coworkers.

I'll probably push the homemade cupcakes that my friend is making first and save my "Triple Threat" brownies for the poor suckers at the end.

::: sigh :::

To top off this wonderful day, I had to order Squishy Halloween Costume #2 less than a week before Halloween. Yup. It took me days/weeks to figure out what they were going to be for Halloween and you guessed it, the costumes were store-bought just like my lame-o brownies and that didn't even work! Emma's is too big, and Squishy's is WAY too big.

Apparently, Emma is like HALF the size of a regular toddler and of course the infant size didn't fit her and despite Squishy gaining like a pound an hour his first few months, he leveled off and now doesn't fit his costume even though I ordered it by weight.

::: double sigh :::

Tomorrow's another day though right?

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs