The Mama & The Fooshy

Monday, October 10, 2011

We had a great weekend which started off with a trip to the farm for some fall fun. I have a lot of pictures to share but I have to say that so far, this one is one of my favorites. Squishy spent his time at the farm dangling from our Baby Bjorn so the majority of the pictures I took were of Emma running wild. We were taking a quick break for a snack on a bench and I ended up snapping a quick picture of the Squishy and I with my phone.

There is something about this picture that I love. The quality is terrible, the sun is glaring behind us, our faces are dark, Squishy is half covered because he is chewing on his bib, but I think it's perfect.

I get so wrapped up sometimes being behind the camera, trying to get the settings just right, trying to capture the exact facial expression or that adorable look, that I forget to be in the moment, to actually live in the moment. Maybe that's why I love this picture so much. It was the perfect moment. The sun was shining on us on a perfect fall day. Squishy was loving life hanging off of Mama. Emma couldn't have been more excited about the farm and the special time with Mommy and Daddy. I was in heaven and I love how this picture captures that feeling, and you can even see Squishy is smiling under that giant green bib.


PS: Boy is that kid heavy. My back still hurts. Ouch. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs