Weekly Update - 26 Weeks! Third Trimester!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I absolutely can not believe that we are in our third trimester already!!! The first two trimesters absolutely flew by, but I have a feeling the third one isn't going to go by quite as fast (I hope not because we have a lot to do)! We are really excited because tonight is our hospital tour, although I am kind of feeling nervous for some reason! I have been feeling pretty good still, although every day it gets harder and harder to do the simple things as the belly gets bigger and bigger. We started taking weekly belly pictures as opposed to bi-weekly pictures as the belly seems to grow on a daily basis! The latest picture taken this morning is below.
PS: Remind me to quit wearing this shirt as it makes me look HUGE!! And yes, I have completely convinced myself that it is indeed the shirt, and not the 14 pounds that I have gained since pre-pregnancy. Haha! Ignorance is bliss!


We have also started our list of things to do before the little peanut arrives. This includes things like packing our overnight bags (I am first trying to make a list of everything that both Wes and I will need), finish our registry, finish the nursery, make sure we have arrangements for Shamus and Arby for D-day, interview and select a pediatrician, interview and select a day care, etc. The list tends to grow on a daily basis so we have a lot to do. Since both Wesley and my brother Brian decided to make their grand entrances a month early, for my own sanity, I would like to be all ready by 36 Weeks...which gives us exactly 10 more weeks to finish our to-do list. We will see if it actually happens or not, but at least we have a goal! I hope to have some updated nursery pictures after this weekend as this week and weekend is painting time!!

How is Baby Growing?

The network of nerves in our baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both my voice and Wes's as we chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. The little peanut is also continuing to put on baby fat! She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel.

2 comments :

  1. You are too cute!! Let me know if you need help with making lists... they are my specialty! I'm always surrounded by them!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary!! I would love someone to check out the list to see what we are missing!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs