30 Weeks & Happy Birthday Daddy!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Holy Moly!! 30 Weeks!! Emma and Daddy got to celebrate their Birthday's together yesterday!! Daddy is almost 30 too haha! Emma and Mommy had to leave early for work yesterday so we didn't get to see Daddy much in the morning but we both left him a Happy Birthday card. Emma did a pretty good job writing to Daddy but had a few misspelled words here and there haha. Since we didn't get to spend much time with Daddy in the morning, we made sure to make a special stop on the way home for a little Birthday surprise after dinner...who doesn't like carrot cake!

Emma and I hope you had a good Birthday Daddy!

It has been a crazy week of work this week so I am really looking forward to the weekend, although it's going to be a busy one. Saturday I am heading to a local park in Baltimore to help clean up one of the gardens with some folks from work and then Sunday is our March for Babies! Too bad it's supposed to rain all weekend!

We got our AC fixed and our refrigerator is going to be fixed but not until Monday. I have been feeling okay lately but I can definitely tell that my body is starting to have a hard time with the extra little one. The heat this past weekend and week really got to me and I started to swell and have a really hard time sleeping. The heartburn has definitely kicked it up a notch as well and now it's an every night occurrence. I woke up early this morning in tears with a leg cramp (I think Wes thought I was in labor haha) so I am trying to stay a little more hydrated this week. Emma has been moving around like crazy and is definitely doing cartwheels! She has taken quite a liking to kicking Mommy in her ribs. So much that my right side of my ribs is pretty much just permanently sore now.

How Is Emma Growing?

Emma is about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in my belly. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face.

1 comment :

  1. Wow, I still can't believe how close you are! Only 10 more weeks, I guess all depending on what Emma wants to do. Hopefully she stays put for another 8 weeks.

    Glad to hear that the A/C is fixed and that fridge will be soon.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs