Weekly Update - 29 Weeks! Emma Is A Squash!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Today...Emma turns from an Eggplant into a Squash!! Happy 29 Week Birthday Baby!! It absolutely astounds me that we now only have 11 weeks left until we get to meet our little girl. It also makes me completely stressed out because I really want to be ready just in case she makes her debut early...so I plan on being ready for her by 36 weeks, which only gives us 7 more weeks to prepare! I know there is a really small chance she will come that early (and hopefully not so she will have time to develop fully) but since both Wes and my brother Brian came a month early, I'd rather be prepared. But we will see how that goes...that's the plan at least.

I have been feeling pretty good lately, although I think I may have had my first run in with Braxton Hicks Contractions last night! I'm not really sure because it was nothing like anything I have felt before (which makes me think it was Braxton Hicks) but whatever it was, Emma was going crazy. So on top of the BH, I was getting some serious kicks to the ribs! Things are just now starting to ache a little more, become a little more swollen, etc. I find that at night and in the mornings my rings are getting tight, my tailbone is starting to hurt when I sit on the floor or on a hard chair, my feet hurt much faster during the day (mostly on the weekends when we are more active), etc.

The cravings have actually been pretty subtle lately...even my brussel sprout craving! Although now that all the snow ball stands are open in the area, I think that may be my next target on the next hot day. :)

How is Emma Growing?

Although many websites say that Emma now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds, she actually weighed about 1 1/2 pounds at her last sonogram, so that's a question I have for my doctor on Friday, but she is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, I'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in Emma's hardening skeleton each day.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs