Shew! What A Weekend!

Monday, May 4, 2009

We hope everyone had a great weekend! Luckily, it didn't rain quite as much as it was expected to here, but overall it was a pretty wet one.

Friday night, I think both Wes and I crashed pretty early. We did however go on our first tour of a day care center that day and buy Wes several new suits for his new job! PS: If anyone needs a new suit, it's buy 1 get one free at Men's Warehouse! The Day Care we checked out was actually at a local church, the church that the Pastor from our wedding is at. Since it was our first tour, its hard to say whether it was good or not because we have nothing to compare it to, but I think we felt pretty comfortable coming out. I think no matter what, I will be a mess dropping Emma off the first week anyway haha. So after our tour and shopping spree, we pretty much crashed at home.

Saturday, I got up early (well, tried to at least) to help out a group of folks from work who had organized a Go Green event at a local Baltimore park. They are having a Mother's Day celebration next weekend so we volunteered to help clean up one of the gardens and plant a tree. It rained a little bit, but not as much as we were expecting! I pretty much came home and immediately took a nap haha.

Sunday pretty much rained all day, but it was our March for Babies! Rain or Shine! Poor Wes was a good sport and still did it with me although he wasn't happy about it haha. We met up with our walking team from work and began our walk in the rain, and ended our walk in the rain. Surprisingly, I made it the full 4 miles! Although by the end, I was exhausted and definitely had sore feet and a sore back. One of the best advantages I have found to being pregnant though, is people are generally much nicer haha! Of course, about 1/2 mile into the walk I had to go to the bathroom as it seemed like Emma was doing a March of her own on my bladder. :) We were right by the convention center where they had folks standing guard to make sure a lot of the walkers weren't coming in. Well I batted my eye lashes and asked if I could use the restroom and got a prompt, NO...but then when I just slightly rubbed my belly to make sure she saw the baby bump, she immediately changed her tune and said "Oh honey! You're pregnant! Go right on in!" Shew! We made it the rest of the way in one piece, came home, and again took a nap.

Then Mom and Dad came up to help Wes with the Chair Rail Molding in the nursery and it looks so good! Mom even brought dinner and dessert (yummy) while Dad and Wes were hard at work upstairs. We have a little touching up to do over the nail holes but we will have an updated picture soon!

Tonight is our second Childbirth class and we did our best to finish our homework which was a crossword puzzle haha. I really enjoy the classes so far so I am looking forward to tonight!

2 comments :

  1. Aw sounds like you had a busy weekend. I wish it had not rained all weekend, but I guess we need it. Glad to hear that the lady was being nice and let you through, I would of probably ran her down. LOL! When you gotta go, you gotta go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was my first day back at work and we had to drop Dylan off at the daycare... boy was that tough. Nothing will ever prepare you for that! And no one can care for your child like yourself. Just enjoy every minute, because I can tell you, it goes by soooo fast! I can't believe these 3 months already are gone!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs