That's My Girl!!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I had my follow up growth sonogram appointment bright and early this morning (7:00AM) but the early wake up was worth it because Emma looks great!! She is still measuring right on track, to the day, 31 Weeks and 6 Days, and I was told to just follow up with my regular Doctor to see if I needed any more sonograms or not (which they didn't think so). My placenta is completely out of the way now as it has moved on it's own which is a relief and Emma weighs about 3 pounds and 12 ounces which is perfect for her "age". She was moving around a ton the last few days and has flipped sides. She is still head down (and expected to stay that way) but now her little behind is up on Mommy's left side, by my ribs which is at least giving my right side of my ribs a much needed break! We even got a picture of a little patch of hair that she has growing on the back of her head (it's amazing what you can see now)! She was a bit camera shy though and kept her left hand up by her face despite trying to get her to move it, so our profile pictures are a bit blurry but I can't blame her. Mommy doesn't want her picture taken that early in the morning either!

We finished up our Childbirth classes last night with learning about C-Sections, infant care and how to push! I feel much better after going through the classes and have a better idea of what to expect...which is simply the unexpected! Daddy has to stay at work really late tonight for Orientation so I think Shamus and Mommy are going to start packing our hospital bags after dinner. We are now under the 2 month mark!

2 comments :

  1. Aw how wonderful you got to see pictures bright and early this morning.

    I have my first sonogram today. I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen! That's great!! How did your first sonogram go?!?!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs