Weekly Update - 34 Weeks & New Belly Picture!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Here we are, at Week 34 already!! Only 6 weeks left (again, give or take a few)! I think Emma was celebrating her weekly Birthday this morning because she was moving up a storm even before Mommy got out of bed! Sometimes I wonder if she is going to come out with an extra set of arms and legs because she has the ability to punch and kick in about 10 different spots all at once (which she just did yet again as I was typing that sentence haha).

I have been feeling okay lately, some days are better then others, but I at least am still having a few good days and not to the completely miserable part yet haha. I woke up this morning which a sense of calm, which rarely happens. I think because it has finally sunk in that Emma will be here and most likely, at this stage, will not have any major complications. I am still addicted to the baby shows but instead of being scared that Emma will be born prematurely, I now find myself thinking that even if something happened this week, she would be pretty healthy and almost ready for the world. It's becoming more and more real as we approach July and the big day is right around the corner. Who knows...maybe Emma will be a June baby?!?!

This is the latest belly picture from this morning. Now that Wes has to get up and leave before Emma and Mommy are even out of bed yet, I had to try to take the picture myself. So here is we are at 34 Weeks!



How Is Emma Growing?

Emma now weighs about 4 and 3/4 lbs (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers, which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born, are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever! Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. Babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies, which is where I think my morning "calmness" came from.

Emma's senses are continuing to improve; when light peeks in through my (extremely) stretched belly, her tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, Emma can now recognize and react to simple songs, so it's time to start practicing our lullabies!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs