37 Weeks!! Officially Full Term!!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

WOW!!! We are officially full term!!! Emma turns 37 Weeks today and is officially now a Watermelon! Ha! I cannot believe that she will be here in three weeks! According to Dr. "P", I will not be pregnant on my due date so looks like she will be here before we know it!

I have been feeling "super pregnant" this week as Emma continues to get bigger and the belly continues to get tighter. I have been having contractions every now and then a couple times a day which is kind of interesting. I have also found my new best friend...low acid orange juice. I have been craving it like it is my job!! My feet are getting better though, they are still swollen and I am still stuck with flip flops but having something to prop my feet up under my desk has really been helping. Here is a recent belly picture from this morning!

How Is Emma Growing?

Emma is full term! This means that if she arrives now, her lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though my due date is still three weeks away. Emma weighs about 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (according to the website). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long (we actually saw Emma's on her last sonogram)! But we shouldn't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as ours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

1 comment :

  1. Wow, I can't believe your already full term. I can't wait to hear that Emma has arrived. Please keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs