Can't.Keep.Eyes.Open...

Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm not sure what happened between last week and this week but little Emma has decided to give Mommy one WICKED case of heartburn every single night. It started a little last week with some mild heartburn here and there, nothing major, but either she decided to once again push my stomach even higher in my tummy, or just thought it would be funny to get Mommy ready for the sleepless nights to come. I have now started to have to sleep sitting up, which usually does not equate to very good sleep. So needless to say, I am doing what I can to not fall asleep at my desk today. :)

I have also started to have some pretty good Braxton Hicks contractions, well, at least I think they are Braxton Hicks. I haven't had too many, and they haven't been consistent, but they sure have been painful enough that I usually have to practice some of our breathing techniques and they pretty much stop me in my tracks. I can only imagine what the real contractions are going to feel like during labor!

Wes and I had a pretty low key weekend, which was good considering the lack of sleep that Mommy got. We headed over to my cousin Kim and Matt's house on Friday night and had a great time (thanks again Kim!!) and then spent Saturday morning just relaxing before one of our niece's, Allyson's, Birthday Party! Unfortunately, we ended up having to leave early because of the contractions I had been having so we headed home and Mommy rested for the remainder of the day. I also tried to take it easy on Sunday and we just hung around the house which was nice. The nursery is getting closer and closer to being done, but I still have to make a trip to Target for some curtains and a replacement piece for Emma's closet organizer. So far, her crib and dresser are set, complete with clean sheets and clean clothes in the drawers. Emma's changing pad is all clean and ready to go, along with her car seat, stroller and pack-n-play. We now have our glider and ottoman put together, along with a swing and all of her tiny bathing accessories are ready to be used with her bathtub. Her diaper bag is packed (with a few exceptions) with everything she will need at the hospital, and Mommy's bag is pretty much packed as well.

I think that is about it for now! Nothing too exciting to update you on from the weekend, stay tuned later this week for an updated belly picture and Emma's 35 Week Birthday!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs