Catching Up! Been A While!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Well, I have definitely been slacking on the blogging this week! It has been an interesting few weeks to say the least. Between working until all hours of the night, not feeling so good and just overall been completely exhausted, I haven't had much to blog about!

Emma did turn 36 weeks last week (almost 37 by this point) and I can really tell now how big she is getting. We had our doctors appointment on Friday and things are still looking good. Weight was good, belly size was good, Emma's position was good, heartbeat was good...so we are still right on track. It's now MUCH harder to get through the day, especially because sleeping has been so tough. I am definitely into the non-fun part of pregnancy at this point. :) I am having contractions here and there, especially when I am really tired. Up until last week, I was really lucky and haven't really had much swelling, but boy did that change! Wes and I went to a work event on Friday, and I had to sleep in half my jewelry because it was stuck on! I can no longer wear my engagement ring, or any kind of bracelet, or pretty much any shoes other then flip flops! But, I know that it will all be worth it in just a few short weeks and I think back to all those months where Wes and I were heartbroken because we weren't pregnant. So...its nothing that Mommy and Emma can't get through! Poor Daddy, sure has his hands full now!!

Check out Mommy's poor swollen feet...and this was in the morning after much of the swelling had gone down!

How Is Emma Growing?

Emma is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Emma swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.

At the end of this week, Emma will be considered full-term!!

1 comment :

  1. Aw Laura, I'm sorry your not geetting much sleep. I can't believe Emma will be here in just a few short weeks. Hopefully she will make her debut early. The nursery looks great.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs