Cute Survey!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

1. How old were you when your first child was born? 29 (Man I feel old)

2. What month and year was your youngest child born? June of 2009

3. How did you feel when you first found out you were pregnant? We were absolutely thrilled. I immediately burst into tears because I was so happy. We had been wishing for Emma for 2 years.

4. Who did you tell first? Wes

5. How many pounds did you gain during your first pregnancy? 35 I think (I stopped getting on the scale the last few days).

6. What did you crave while you were pregnant? Anything with Lemon on it, Brussel Sprouts, Dairy Queen...

7. Did you find out the gender of your first child? Why or why not? Yes. Although I think it is fun to keep it a surprise, I am too much of a planner and could barely wait 20 weeks, let alone 40!!

8. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Nothing too serious until delivery. My placenta was low lying but that corrected itself. Everything went really well until my blood pressure spiked and Emma's heart rate was dropping during contractions.

9. How much did your first child weigh? 5 lbs, 12.6 ounces.

10. Was your first child early, late, or on time? Almost two weeks early!

11. What is the most difficult challenge or health issue that any of your children have faced? Emma has been really healthy so far. She dropped a little too much weight the first week but luckily we were able to correct that and now she is thriving (and quite chunky)!!

12. What's your favorite part of being a mom? Everything. Despite the lack of sleep and challenges along the way, it is absolutely the most rewarding thing I have ever done in my life.

13. Do you think it's easier to be a mom or a dad? Dad!

14. What is the best piece of advice you could give to someone who is about to have their first child? Time flies way to fast so take a breath everyday to remember each little moment. Also, throw any plans you have out the window! There will be a new Sheriff in town and it's the baby!

15. Did you always think you'd have kids? Yes

16. What's been the biggest surprise about motherhood? How incredibly hard it is and how much it has made me truly appreciate everything my mother ever did for me. I don't know how she did it!

17. Are there things you miss about life before kids? Sometimes...like the ability to sleep through the night, and the ability to leave the house without spending 30 minutes packing everything up!
18. How many children do you have? Just one!

19. Do you plan to have any more children? Yes! I would love to have two...but who knows what is in store for us in the future!

20. Who's the mom that you admire most? My mom!

1 comment :

  1. You must know I still read your blog - Mom

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs