Daycare, Sleeping & General Updates!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Hi Everyone, it's been a little while since I have posted so I will try to remember everything that I wanted to include! I am typing this as I am taking part in one of my favorite times in the morning...when Emma is sleeping, I have my cup of decaf coffee and get to catch up on the news and watch the Today show! I am actually really surprised that Tiny is sleeping because...guess what...she slept through the night again!! Now, last time she did this it seemed to be a fluke occurrence (I'll still take it though!) so I am assuming the same will happen here. Emma slept from about 10:30PM last night all the way to 5:30AM this morning!! Wowza!! That's my girl! I am trying to prepare myself for the early wake ups coming next week when I return to work so I stayed awake since she got up (which explains the early post).

We had a great weekend and got a lot accomplished. I actually left Emma at home with Daddy for the first time for more then an hour and even though I knew she was in good hands, I was worried sick! I guess I'm not yet to the point where I can just relax when I get a break, but I am sure it's right around the corner. I headed to the salon on Saturday afternoon to get my hair cut and highlighted...something that I haven't done since December 2008! Let's just say I needed it! Wes was able to run some errands Saturday morning so we had a pretty good system down! Sunday was a relaxing day at home and I actually got outside for a little while, which doesn't happen much during the week with the Tiny Dancer. I took a quick trip to Home Depot (one of my favorite stores besides Costco haha) and got some flowers to plant for both indoors and outdoors. Although it was about 90 degrees outside, it still felt good to be out there.

Emma is still growing like a weed! I can't believe she is 7 weeks old already! She is much more of her surroundings and it is so much fun to "play" with her because she is getting much better at interacting with you. My favorite time of the day I think is right in the mornings when I go get her out of her crib because she gives me the biggest and brightest smiles of the day. It's adorable! Emma's brain is expanding in size and complexity (she is very advanced haha). It will grow about 5 centimeters during her first three months. I love during the day when she is quiet and alert which we use for learning time! This is when we sing and "chat" and go over our alphabet and our body parts, etc. She absolutely loves bath time now too! She just stares at herself in the mirror and splashes and talks to Mommy...it's so cute! I haven't taken any bath time pictures yet but they are soon to come. I mean, I have to have something to embarrass her with later in life right?

We also have a daycare update to report. As of last week, we had decided to go with the daycare that is right down the street. However...of course...not two days after I emailed the women who runs that daycare to say we would like to have Emma go there, we get a call from our number 1 choice for daycare, The Young School!! We have been #7 on the waiting list since I was about 5 months pregnant with no expectation of ever getting in. Well, low and behold, they have a spot open!! I am heading to check things out on Tuesday morning and then we will have to decide what to do. Although it's basically twice as expensive, for some reason, I just have it in my head that is the place where she should go, but we will see what happens on Tuesday. Their infant programs groups children together by age, so Emma would be in a "class" with infants born between May and August of this year. This is one of the reasons I feel a little more comfortable because down the street, she will be with toddlers and pre-teens and I get nervous about how much they will want to hold her, and be playing around her, etc. The Young School is also a place where Emma could start preschool and Kindergarten as well. So...we will have some new info to post on Tuesday I hope!

I think that is it for now...stay tuned!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs